Attend From Anywhere
Annual CE Virtual Conference
This year’s annual conference will be hosted virtually via Zoom. Join us for educational, empowering sessions that will position you for success.
All Are Welcome
Prescription Controlled Substances: Beyond Mechanisms of Action
November 12, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Describe considerations regarding making propofol a controlled substance.
- Discuss considerations regarding making gabapentin a controlled substance.
- Explore some state printing requirements of prescriptions for controlled substances.
- Highlight requirements for morphine equivalents for controlled substance prescriptions.
- Explore non-opioid strategies for pain management.
- Discuss pharmacy technician stigma training and improving compassion fatigue.
From Grapefruit to Glaucoma: Interactions and Side-Effects You Should Be Aware Of
November 13, 8:00am – 9:30am
- Distinguish between FDA and WHO definitions of “adverse effects.”
- Recall medications with potential for grapefruit juice interactions.
- Recognize medications deserving of heat precautions.
- Recognize appropriate counseling tips pertaining to photosensitizing drugs.
Heart Failure Update: Heart Failure Therapy in 2021
November 13, 9:40am – 11:10am
- Review most recent heart failure recommendations from the ACC/AHA Expert Consensus Guidance document.
- Discuss importance of optimization of heart failure therapy.
- Review newer medications available for treatment of heart failure.
- Discuss therapy options in patients with progressive heart failure.
Cannabidiol: Phytochemistry, Pharmacology and Regulatory Perspectives
November 13, 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Understand Cannabis phytochemistry in relation to products on the legal and illicit markets.
- Describe known pharmacological mechanisms of CBD action, and how they may relate to beneficial or adverse effects.
- Interpret available clinical findings and regulatory status information to counsel patients about potential benefits and concerns on using CBD-containing products.
- Apply knowledge of CBD’s potential drug-drug interactions to commonly prescribed drugs.
Basic Principles of COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Evaluation
November 13, 1:10pm – 2:40pm
- Describe the various sources of information used to evaluate the safety of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Describe the principles applied in the classification and investigation of adverse events following immunization (AEFIs).
- Describe the role of health care workers (including technicians) in monitoring vaccine safety.
- Describe the roles of regional and global vaccine safety surveillance systems.
Prevention and Management of COVID-19: An Evolving Paradigm
November 13, 2:50pm – 4:20pm
- Compare vaccination schedules for COVID-19 vaccines approved under the FDA Emergency Use Authorization.
- Assess therapeutics for outpatient management of COVID-19.
- Evaluate treatment recommendations for hospitalized patients with moderate-severe COVID-19 infection.
Here’s a quick view of what’s in store for the 2-day conference.
Friday, November 12
|6:00pm - 7:30pm
|Prescription Controlled Substances: Beyond Mechanisms of Action
(Presented by Dr. Jameika Stuckey)
|7:30pm - 8:30pm
Saturday, November 13
|7:45am - 8:00am
|8:00am - 9:30am
|From Grapefruit to Glaucoma: Interactions and Side-Effects You Should Be Aware Of
(Presented by Dr. Buddy Ogletree)
|9:40am - 11:10am
|Heart Failure Update: Heart Failure Therapy in 2021
(Presented by Dr. Craig Long)
|11:30am - 1:00pm
|Cannabidol: Phytochemistry, Pharmacology and Regulatory Perspectives
(Presented by Dr. Larry Walker)
|1:10pm - 2:40pm
|Basic Principles of COVID-19 Vaccine Safety Evaluation
(Presented by Dr. Rian Extravour)
|2:50pm - 4:20pm
|Prevention and Management of COVID-19: An Evolving Paradigm
(Presented by Dr. Mary Jane Burton)
|4:20pm - 4:30pm