2022 MSPS Annual CE Virtual Conference
July 8 – 9
Hear from experts on current topics ranging from bias in clinical environments to COVID-19 effects. Earn up to 6 hours of Continuing Education credit.
Thank you for joining us!
Registration for the event closed on July 6. However, sessions will be available to purchase online for on-demand viewing soon.
Attend From Anywhere
Annual CE Virtual Conference
This year’s annual conference will be hosted virtually via Zoom. Join us for educational, empowering sessions that will position you for success.
All Are Welcome
The HIV Landscape: Then and Now
July 8, 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- Describe the HIV landscape in the US and MS
- Define available HAART/ART classes
- Describe the process for accessing medications for patients that are underinsured or uninsured via manufacturer patient assistance programs and copay cards
Addressing Bias and Microaggressions in Clinical Environments
July 9, 9:00am – 10:00am
- Describe bias and microaggressions
- Identify how implicit and explicit bias is demonstrated in clinical and workplace environments
- Apply strategies and tools to mitigate the impact of implicit bias and microaggressive behavior.
Cholesterol: The “Good” And The “Bad”
July 9, 10:10am – 11:40am
- Evaluate an overview of the updated Cholesterol Management Guidelines
- Compare and contrast different cholesterol medications
- Examine clinical patient cases in cholesterol
Coping with COVID-19: The Long Haul and the Long Term
July 9, 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Identify the putative origins of COVID-19 and the pathophysiology
- Discuss the COVID long haul syndrome
- Outline the emotional effects of COVID and pandemics
- List three steps for coping with COVID-19
- Review methods for self help and self healing
Mississippi Board of Pharmacy Updated
July 9, 1:10pm – 2:10pm
- Review structure and functions of the MS Board of Pharmacy including PBM oversight
- Summarize requirements for Pseudoephedrine/Ephedrine NPLEX sales
- Discuss hot topics in the field (PIC/Pharmacist responsibilities, Unlicensed Providers, Authorized Personnel, DEA tips, etc)
- Describe the roles of regional and global vaccine safety surveillance systems.
Here’s a quick view of what’s in store for the 2-day conference.
Friday, July 8
|6:00pm - 7:30pm||The HIV Landscape: Then and Now
(Presented by Kandis Backus, PharmD)
Saturday, July 9
|8:00am - 8:50am||Business Meeting
During the business meeting, we will be accepting nominations for the following positions:
- President Elect
- Scholarship Chair
- Education Committee
|9:00am - 10:00am||Addressing Bias and Microaggressions in Clinical Environments
(Presented by Juanyce Taylor, PhD)
|10:10am - 11:40am||Cholesterol: The “Good” and the “Bad”
(Presented by Danny Riche, PharmD)
|11:40am - 12:00pm||Break|
|12:00pm - 1:00pm||Coping with COVID-19: The Long Haul and the Long Term
(Presented by Maxie Gordon, MD)
|1:10pm - 2:10pm||Mississippi Board of Pharmacy Updated
(Presented by Catina White, PharmD and Todd Dear, PharmD)
|2:10pm - 2:30pm||Wrap Up|